Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup butter
About 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 jar of apricot preserves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
2. Using a mixer, cut butter into cream cheese. I usually use the paddle attachment on the mixer
3. After the cream cheese and butter are mixed thoroughly slowly add flour. Continue to add flour until dough can be handled without sticking to surface.
4. Roll dough onto table or cutting board to 1/8” thickness. When you can see through the dough it’s about the right thickness. If dough sticks to table or cutting board continue to dust with flour to be able to roll it out.
5. Using a rolling pastry cutter, cut into 2 inch square sections.
6. Smear a half teaspoonful of apricot preserves in the center of each square. Make sure to smear it if you leave it too thick it will prevent the cookie from cooking correctly.
7. Fold over two opposite corners. Place each cookie on parchment lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake for about 12 minutes (until lightly golden). Let cool on a cookie rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
1.75 cups of penne pasta
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup of black olives
4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
5 ripe tomatoes
7 basil leaves, sea salt
1/4 cup of capers
1/2 cup of sliced mozzarella
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1. First, prepare the eggplant for oven roast. Slice eggplant in half and then cut eggplant into 1 inch cubes and place in bowl.
2. Add minced garlic, sprinkle over some olive oil and stir so as to evenly distribute olive oil. Sprinkle sea salt in.
3. Let mixture sit and marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Next, spread eggplant cubes across a cooking sheet and place in an oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
5. Prepare the tomato sauce: Blanche the tomatoes in boiled water for 2 - 3 minutes, then remove from water and remove the skin before cutting into cubes.
6.Add olive oil and 2 cloves of garlic to a pan. Let garlic and oil brown for a few minutes and add the tomatoes.
7. While stirring for 5 minutes, sprinkle in salt, periodically sprinkle in 2-6 leaves of basil, the capers, olives, and roasted cubes of eggplant.
8. Drop to a simmer and, separately, prepare your pasta al dente (in lightly salted boiling water for 11-12 minutes).
9. Once ready, add pasta to sauce pan, along with sliced mozzarella and the remaining basil leaves. Gently mix.
10. Serve and add grated parmesan cheese over top.
Prep time: 1 - 1:30 Hours
Cook time: 10-11 minutes
Serves: 6 slice
1) Master Dough: makes about 29 ounces (820 grams) dough, enough for 1 pizza
2.2 grams (3/4 teaspoon) active dry yeast
70 grams (1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon)
warm water (80ºF to 85ºF)
453 grams flour (3 1/2 cups) with 13 to 14 percent protein, preferably All Trumps, Pendleton Flour Mills Power, Giusto's High Performer, King Arthur Sir Lancelot Unbleached Hi-Gluten, or Tony's California Artisan Flour
10 grams (1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon) diastic malt
210 grams (3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) ice water, plus more as needed
90 grams Poolish or Tiga
10 grams (2 teaspoons) fine sea salt
5 grams (1 teaspoon) extra virgin olive oil
2.) Cal-Italia: Makes 1 13-inch pizza 1 (13-ounce/370-gram) ball Master Dough, preferably with starter, made with Poolish 3 parts flour mixed with 1 part semolina, for dusting
2-ounce (55-gram) piece Asiago cheese, cold, for shaving
6 ounces (170 grams) whole-milk mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 ounces (45 grams) Gorgonzola cheese, broken into small pieces
2 to 3 tablespoons (40-60 grams) fig jam, preferably Dalmatia brand
3 ounces (85 grams) thinly sliced prosciutto (about 6 slices)
Balsamic Glaze, in a small squeeze bottle
1.) Master Dough Instructions:
1. Put the yeast in a small bowl, add the warm water, and whisk vigorously for 30 seconds.
2. The yeast should dissolve in the water and the mixture should foam. If it doesn't and the yeast granules float, the yeast is "dead" and should be discarded.
3. Begin again with a fresh amount of yeast and water. Combine the flour and malt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook.
4. With the mixer running on the lowest speed, pour in most of the ice water, reserving about 2 tablespoons, followed by the yeast-water mixture.
5. Pour the reserved water into the yeast bowl, swirl it around to dislodge any bits of yeast stuck to the bowl, and add to the mixer. Mix for about 15 seconds, stop the mixer, and add the poolish or tiga.
6. Continue to mix the dough at the lowest speed for about 1 minute, until most of the dough comes together around the hook.
7. Stop the mixer. Use your fingers to pull away any dough clinging to the hook, and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a bowl scraper or rubber spatula.
8. Check the bottom of the bowl for any unincorporated flour.
9. Turn the dough over and press it into the bottom of the bowl to pick up any stray pieces. If the dough isn't holding together, add small amounts of water (about 1/2 teaspoon to start) and mix until the dough is no longer dry and holds together.
10. Add the salt and mix on the lowest speed for 1 minute to combine.
11. Stop the mixer, pull the dough off the hook, and add the oil. Mix the dough for 1 to 2 minutes, stopping the mixer from time to time to pull the dough off the hook and scrape down the sides of the bowl, until all of the oil is absorbed.
12. The dough won't look completely smooth. Use a bowl scraper to transfer the dough to an unfloured work surface, then knead it for 2 to 3 minutes, until smooth.
13. Cover the dough with a damp dish towel and let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
14. Use the dough cutter to loosen the dough and to cut it into halves or thirds (depending on the weight called for in each recipe).
15. Weigh each piece, adjusting the quantity of dough as necessary. You may have a little extra dough.
16. Form the dough into balls. Set the balls on a half sheet pan, spacing them about 3 inches apart. Or, if you will be baking the balls on different days, place each ball on a quarter sheet pan.
17. Wrap the pan(s) airtight with a double layer of plastic wrap, ealing the wrap well under the pan(s).
18. Put the pan(s) in a level spot in the refrigerator and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours
2.) Cal-Italia Instructions:
1. Remove the dough ball from the refrigerator and leave wrapped at room temperature until the dough warms to 60ºF to 65ºF.
2. Meanwhile, set up the oven with two pizza stones or baking sheets and preheat to 500ºF for 1 hour.
3. Dust the work surface with the dusting mixture, then move the dough to the surface and dust the top.
4. Sprinkle a wooden peel with the dusting mixture.
5. Roll out the dough into a round 15 inches in diameter.
6. Using a pizza wheel, trim the dough to a 13-inch round, flatten the edge, then dock the surface of the dough.
7. Move the dough to the peel. As you work, shake the peel forward and backward to ensure the dough isn't sticking.
8. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the Asiago over the surface of the dough, leaving a 3/4-inch border. Mound the mozzarella in the center of the pizza and use your fingertips to spread it out evenly over the Asiago.
9. Slide the pizza onto the top stone. Bake for 7 minutes.
10. Lift the pizza onto the peel and distribute the Gorgonzola pieces evenly over the top.
11. Rotate the pizza 180 degrees, transfer it to the bottom stone, and bake for 3 to 4 minutes, until the bottom is browned and crisp and the top is golden brown.
12. Transfer the pizza to a cutting board and cut into 6 wedges. Spoon small dollops of fig jam (about 1/4 teaspoon each) around the pizza.
13. Tear the prosciutto slices lengthwise into 2 or 3 strips and drape the pieces over the pizza slices.
14. To finish, squeeze a thin spiral of balsamic glaze onto the pizza.
Prep time: 10
Cook time: 25
6 tablespoons of butter
1 small onion
2 cups of rice
1/2 cup of white wine
3 cups of stock
1 teaspoon of salt
1. Melt 3 tablespoon of butter, when it’s bubbling add onion.
2. Add rice and stir it well.
3. Add wine and let it cook away. start to add stock and let it cook away.
4. Stir the rice, add salt and saffron.
5. When the rice is done add more butter and Parmesan cheese.